Final Wonder thoughts & Mr. Brown’s Precepts

Home Forums Wonder Final Wonder thoughts & Mr. Brown’s Precepts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brianna 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Connie
    Keymaster

Two things for you to share about:

1. In a couple of sentences, share your overall opinion of the book Wonder.

2. Mr. Browne’s precepts are copied below. Pick your favorite one to share or create one of your own and share it.

SEPTEMBER
    “When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind.” —Dr. Wayne Dyer

OCTOBER
    “Your deeds are your monuments.”—Inscription on an Egyptian tomb

NOVEMBER
    “Have no friends not equal to yourself.” —Confucious

DECEMBER
    “Fortune favors the bold.” —Virgil

JANUARY
    “No man is an island, entire of itself.” —John Donne

FEBRUARY
    “It is better to know some of the questions than al of the answers.” —James Thurber

MARCH
    “Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much.” —Blaise Pascal

APRIL
    “What is beautiful is good, and who is good will soon be beautiful.” —Sappho

MAY
    “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can.” —John Wesley’s Rule

JUNE
    “Just follow the day and reach for the sun!” —The Polyphonic Spree

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Connie.

Angela

It was a wonderful book to read and a very interesting book.

MAY
    “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can.” —John Wesley’s Rule

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by  Connie.

Connie
    Keymaster

Wonder really stirred up my emotions, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! I like the way the author spoke to us from so many of the characters’ view points.

My favorite precept from Mr. Browne’s class:
    MAY

My own precept:
    “Make a habit of finding something good in everyone you meet. Some people display it clearly while others make you search for it.”

James H

Wonder was a very enjoyable book to read. We all need to be understanding to people who are different from ourselves.

My favorite Precept from Mr Brown’s class;

SEPTEMBER
    “When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind.” —Dr. Wayne Dyer

My own precept;

“Try your best in everything that you do”

Brianna

I thought Wonder was a great book. I especially loved all of the different perspectives throughout the book. It makes the book about more than a child’s (Auggie’s) experience, and it illustrates the impact we all have on each other and in each others’ lives.

My favorite precept from the list:
    “Your deeds are your monuments”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest